Month: November 2015
This spooky treasure hunt began with a Halloween story……..
The teams of Treasure Hunters were met by Wanda the Witch and Tabitha in the Great Court at the British Museum
and were given a story to read.
Then they had to fill in the missing words, which related to objects within the museum collection.
Treats at the end included sweets and drinks for everyone and boxes of chocolates to the winners.
In September the Queen became the longest ever reigning monarch in British history, passing the record set by her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria. To mark the occasion Treasure Hunts in London organised a treasure hunt from Buckingham Palace, home of the Queen, to Kensington Palace, birthplace of Queen Victoria.
Previous holders of the title longest reigning monarch
- Edward III: January 25 1327 to June 21 1377, 50 years 147 days. Born 1312, died 1377, age 64
- Henry III: October 18 1216 to November 16 1272: 56 years 29 days. Born 1207, died 1272, age 65.
- James VI of Scotland, later James I of England: King of Scotland July 24 1567 to March 27 1625: 57 years, 246 days. Born 1566, died 1625, age 59
- George III: October 25 1760 to January 29 1820: 59 years 96 days. Born, 1738, died 1820, age 81
- Queen Victoria: June 20 1837 to January 22 1901: 63 years 216 days. Born, 1819, died 1901, age 81